Ubuntu 11.04 codename Natty Narwhal is the latest addition of the Open Source Operating System to the ongoing series of releases from Debian. Providing you the power of Linux organized in user friendly manner with the integration of the new unity desktop interface. Below provides you the steps involved to create a Bootable CD of the Operating System under Microsoft windows platform.
Visit here, select your compatible version the operating system and download the image file of the operating system.
This step shows you how to shrink your powerful OS within CD through windows platform.
Ubuntu Boot CD on 98 / ME / 2000 / XP / Server 2003 / Vista:
- Download and install Infra Recorder, a free and open-source image-burning program.
- Insert a blank CD into the tray. Neglect the pop ups.
- Open Infra Recorder and click the ‘Write Image’ button in the main screen.
- Select the Ubuntu CD image file you want to use, and then click ‘Open’.
Ubuntu Boot CD on XP / Server 2003 / Vista:
- Download and install the appropriate image burning tool ( such as Alcohol 120%, Daemons tool, ISO Recorder etc)
- Insert the non-formatted CD or DVD into the tray.
- Open up your image burning tool (here ISO Recorder).
- Open Windows Explorer, find your ISO file, right-click and choose ‘Next’.
Create Ubuntu Boot CD on Windows 7
- Right-click on an ISO image and choose ‘Burn disc image’.
- Select a disk burner (drive) and choose ‘Burn’.
When the CD burnt completely, insert the burnt disk on your drive and restart your PC and follow the screen instructions to process further.
I hope these tips will help you to make a bootable Ubuntu CD/DVD on any Windows Computers. Do not forget to try the amazing Ubuntu OS by booting with the CD, you can try almost all features without installing the OS on your Hard drive. If you like Ubuntu, you can install along with your Windows Operating System. If you try this on your PC, then please share your experience in the comments field below.